Improvisation is great skill to master but can be challenging even for confident performers.
Come and learn how to become a better improviser and earn your place on our performance team this season. Our Improv-For-Beginners Class meets Monday nights from 7.15pm – 9pm from September thru November.
Over nine weeks, we will walk you through the basics of, or develop your skills in, building improv scenes.
The course covers the following key areas:
- OPENERS – Tips and tricks for starting an engaging scene.
- YES AND… – Listening and Responding.
- PLAYING REALITY – Learning not to be funny!
- LISTENING – Getting out of your head.
- ESCALATION – Building a scene that goes somewhere.
- PHYSICALITY – Using actions to create environment.
- CHARACTER – Fleshing out your improv creations. Voice and Body work.
- SINGING & SOUND EFFECTS – Adding to your Improv Toolkit
Along the way, improvisers will be introduced to a range of performance games essential for all good improvisers, and encouraged to take on the challenge of joining us onstage in a show (not required!)
At the end of the course, strong students may be offered the chance to join the Wednesday night, SIK Improvengers performance team.
FEES: The course is 100KD, billable as a 10KD deposit against the first (trial) class and then three x 30KD payments in September/October/November. Course fees include two free tickets, to our Live Improv shows in September and November.
Sign up now! (Get on the waiting-list for places!!)
(There is no need to sign up again if you have already registered on a previous course. We will be in touch by email a month before a new course starts to see if you wish to re-subscribe.)